Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride® topical anesthetic skin refrigerant has been trusted by healthcare professionals for more than 100 years. It’s possible you may not know the whole story about Ethyl Chloride, so we put together this QUICK FACTS guide.
1. Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride has an excellent safety record when used as directed. It was administered more than 282 million times between 2006 and 2017, with a complaint rate of less than 0.001%.
2. Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride is safe and effective when used as directed. Tests were performed on Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride; results showed negative for mold, yeast, staph aureus, E-Coli, pseudomonas, and salmonella.
3. Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride meets the ISO 10993 biocompatibility requirements for cytotoxicity, skin irritation and dermal sensitization.
4. Representative third-party testing demonstrates that Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride toxicity from exposure for clinicians and patients is low and well-beneath OSHA guidelines. General reports on the chemical ethyl chloride were done at high dosing and chronic exposure levels that may occur in industrial situations.
5. There is no recorded data of carcinogenicity in humans who are exposed to Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride. In fact, the US EPA does not consider ethyl chloride to be a carcinogen.
6. Ethyl Chloride meets high quality standards for all raw material used in its production.
7. The flammability risk of Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride is low when used in a well-ventilated area away from ignition sources. In fact, per OSHA guidelines, over 900 bottles of Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride can be stored outside a fireproof closet.
8. The brown Ethyl Chloride bottle has a plastic coating that would keep glass pieces contained if it happened to break from a fall.
9. Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride should be disposed of in the same way that other hazardous waste such as sharps and expired pharmaceuticals are managed.
10. All aerosols must be shipped with hazardous labels and incur shipping fees regardless of their flammability. Shipping fees associated with Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride can be minimized or eliminated by shipping from a major distributor and buying in large quantities.
Thousands of clinicians rely on Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride to provide patient comfort during their appointments. Gebauer’s Ethyl Chloride is a safe and effective product. To learn even more, download our Ethyl Chloride Guide.
Gebauer's Ethyl Chloride is the world's first instant topical anesthetic and is relied on by thousands of clinicians to improve patient comfort. Learn more Ethyl Chloride and where it can be purchased.